Monday, February 25, 2013

Chat Thai, Westfield Sydney

We love Thai food so here’s another one of our Thai spottings!


This little Thai restaurant has rapidly spread itself across Sydney with restaurants in Haymarket, Westfield Sydney, The Galeries Sydney, Manly and Randwick. You’d be amazed at the long lines outside the restaurants during lunch hour every day. There is very limited seating so if you’re eager to try it out, be sure to get there early!
Luckily, the queue wasn’t so long when we got there so we only had to wait for about 5 minutes.





Duck noodle


Sukho Thai ($10.90) - Spicy thin rice noodles with fish dumplings and minced dry chicken (dry)
Initial thoughts when this was served? WHERE ARE MY FISH DUMPLINGS? Coming from a Chinese heritage, I expected the dumplings to be fish filling wrapped inside pastry and boiled or pan-fried. This was not what it turned out to be. The ‘dumplings’ were merely just fish balls and fish cakes. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. :( Adding to this, the noodles were not served with a sufficient amount of sauce making then extra dry! Overall, this dish didn’t really appeal to me in looks or in taste - but that’s just my personal opinion. Perhaps sticking to the traditional Pad Thai would have resulted in a more pleasant experience for my tastebuds.


Chargrilled chicken with rice
Once again I forgot the name of the dish I ate >.< but it was basically chargrill lemongrass chicken with a tamarind dipping sauce served with steam rice. When the dish came out I was a bit disappointed because it looked very nice in the menu but when it was placed in front of me I found it a bit burnt(or is that what people called “chargrill” these days?). Also I found that a piece of my chicken was not fully cooked (burnt AND raw? what is this?) but apart from that piece of chicken, the overall taste was nice, and I really liked the sweet and tangy tamarind sauce that went perfectly with the chicken.


Curry with rice

Address: Shop 6002, Level 6, 188 Pitt St. Westfield
Phone: (02) 9221 0600
Website: http://www.chatthai.com.au/

Chat Thai Westfield Sydney on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment