Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coco Noir, Westfield Sydney

I've walked past this cafe a couple of times while strolling through Westfield Sydney, and what drew me to it was its nice looking chairs and mouth-watering display of cakes and desserts.

Macarons (can't remember the exact price, but it was on the expensive side)
Their colourful display of macarons looked extremely tempting, but it was at a premium price so me and a friend settled for one macaron each. Although the taste was not bad (it tasted like how a macaron should taste - firm, crunchy outer layer that quickly gives way to a softer inner layer upon first bite, and with sweet buttercream filling), the flavour and taste was nothing special, and I felt I could get the same sort of macaron for a cheaper price elsewhere.

Spinach muffin and small side salad
I think we ordered the spinach muffin because it sounded and looked interesting (and healthy!) but the taste was okay/average, nothing to rave about.

Iced chocolate frappe with whipped cream
A friend ordered this drink, and although I didn't get to taste it, it certainly looked very appealing! She seemed content with it as well, so it must have tasted pretty good.

Overall, it's a cute place to relax and hang out with friends, have a coffee and a small lunch or dessert although the food is nothing spectacular and a little on the pricey side (but for its location, I guess it's to be expected).

~~~~

Coco Noir

Shop K201/2 Westfield Sydney (Level 2)
Cnr Pitt St Mall & Market St Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 8072 7788

No comments :

Post a Comment